miércoles, 11 de septiembre de 2013

Interview to Paolo Maldini.



Paolo Maldini: 

"I think that Ancelotti will do very well at Real Madrid because he has been successful everywhere he has been. Compared to when he was at PSG, he doesn't have to change the mentality of the squad, start from scratch and impose his philosophy. All of that is already there at Real Madrid. All he has to do is win. The club won't be very patient, just as Milan wasn't. I'm sure he knows that." 

"If Ancelotti will struggle to adapt at such a demanding club? No, because he's used to being at winning clubs, ones that want to play good football and be successful. He showed that in England, Italy and France, and not many managers can say that. There isn't a single team that Carlo couldn't manage. 
What Ancelotti’s best quality as a coach is? He calms both the players and the team as a collective. We're talking about someone with great knowledge of the game and its tactics."

"If Capello, Ancelotti and Sacchi are the three best Italian coaches of all time? Yes, without a doubt. They've made history. I have to say that Ancelotti owes Sacchi a lot. He learned a lot from him during his playing career. 
What I have learned from Capello, Ancelotti and Sacchi? We're talking about three very different characters, but they're all winners. Sacchi taught me how to defend and attack in an organized manner. He also taught how to sacrifice myself. Capello taught me the automatisms of the game - it was equally easy and complicated at the same time. Ancelotti is a mix of those two." 

"If Real Madrid have a real chance of signing Pirlo? I don't see that move being feasible. It was possible to sign Pirlo years ago, but now it’s too late. Juventus won't let Pirlo go. He's vital to them." 

"Sergio Ramos has everything to become the best defender in the world, if he’s not already. He's very close - up there with Thiago Silva, but he needs to improve a few things to become the best defender in the world. He has to be ambitious and work more on the mental aspect of the game, because having the physique and technique isn't enough. In order to become the best defender in the world you have to always play a perfect match. Always." 

"If I plan on coaching in the future? No. At the moment it's not something I would like to do. I still don't what I will do in the future, but I definitely intend to stay far away from the football world. I want to spend more time with my family and dedicate myself to other things. We will see what happens afterwards."


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario