sábado, 31 de agosto de 2013

Matri's Interview.

Milan's new signing, Alessandro Matri, gave his first interview after having returned to Milan. These are his declarations.

"Ten years have passed since I left Milan, and I've gotten a lot of experience. It's a unique feeling to return to the club where I grew up. I know many people at Milan, and I have already had Allegri as my coach. There are many positive things. I'm happy to have returned to Milan.
Massimiliano Allegri? I spoke with him yesterday when he told me that Milan had signed me. Now it's up to me to do well and get a place in the starting formation. I'm ready to play.
There were other teams interested in me, but when I found out that Milan were interested in me, I tried to force the hand of fate in order to return to Milan. It was my objective to come here, and it's a good way to restart my career. Juventus are strong, and they are the favourites to win the Scudetto seeing as they have won the last two editions, but we will try to create problems for them. I also want to thank Juventus for everything they made me win in the alst two and a half years."

"The number 9 shirt? It's an important shirt. I have dreamt about wearing it since I was a kid and saw Van Basten, Weah and Inzaghi wear it. I will honor and respect Milan’s number 9 shirt. The number 32 shirt is occupied, but number 9 is a good alternative.
The World Cup next year? It's an objective of mine. You have to do well for your club in order to get into the national team. The first thing I have to do is do well for Milan, and then hopefully I will get back into the national team. It's not like I expect to get more playing time here, but I hope it. I'm at the coach's disposal. I hope to do well here. I know Allegri well, so it will be easier for me to settle in. However, it's not like I have any special priviliges because I know the coach or because I'm returning to Milan."

Alessandro Matri has signed a contract to the 30th of June 2017 with Milan, and he will earn €2.6m per season. Milan have paid €11m for Matri (which will be paid over the next 4 years), and there is also a €1m bonus. Matri will wear number 9.

Matri's joined Milan's youth sector in 1996 when he was 12 years old. He left Milan in 2004 after having played just one match for the first team (against Piacenza in May 2003). He will be in the squad for Milan's match against Cagliari on Sunday.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario